Friday, November 8, 2013

 Trees
by
Joyce Kilmer
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.  
 
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;   
 
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;   
 
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;   
 
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.  
 
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree. 
 
My Kind of Cathedral
 
And now on the lighter side...
Lynn, Sue & You Know Who!
Mr Joe & Hubby...
Joe...is that you in the red hat???
 
Now I'm not sure what this could be...
I suppose we'd call it a Mystery...
 
Still Sleuthing...
Once again...the Naughty Nancie Anne

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Of course I remember that poem...I think we had to memorize it in grade school. Wonder if students do that anymore? Love seeing your pics...what a time you had with the gals and hubbies! You have a very intriguing mystery going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a nice bit of culture is there? Poetry and music, brilliant. Oh and a mystery too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Joe has absolutely know what you are talking about! Wink!!

    ReplyDelete