Thursday, January 21, 2016

L Is For *Let It Snow*...and Love...and Lucky...and...

It was Love at first sight when Stacy West released the first block in the free, (LOVE FREE!) 2016 Buttermilk Basin Block of the Month, called "Let It Snow" earlier this week. It took me a few days, but yesterday, I sat down and dug through my wool stash and found just the perfect shade of burgundy for my "L" and all the colors needed for the remaining templates. I had the textured background fabric in Stashzilla as well and cut just a little 8.5" square block that can be trimmed down to size once assembly begins.
Here's my Lovie Little Snowguy...

and here's the original.

Should you want to join in the fun...sneak on over to Buttermilk Basin!
Since I have difficulty keeping myself from putting my own stamp on projects, I changed his face a bit to give the little guy a more contemplative, wistful expression.  I have to give Sweet P Paulette some credit for the facial expression on my flaky little friend.  When I saw her little guy faceless, I had a vision of what his expression could be.  Yesterday, being our wedding anniversary, I changed his arm position so he could hold a little heart in his twiggy little fingers. The applique embroidery is done in Valdani Threads. I do still need to give him a button or two, but other than that, he's complete and I love him.
The only bad part will be waiting until the 3rd Friday in February for the next block to be revealed, so we can see what kind of cuteness Stacy has generously designed.
A gift from her heart to ours!
I've also been propogating more trees...they just keep multiplying! 
Here's a small sampling of saplings!

5 comments:

  1. Cute, love the expression on his little frosty face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancie Anne!! I love this little cutie and I really love that you made him your own with his darling heart and great expression. Wonderful job!!! Wishing you and your hubby a very Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing your interpretation of BB snowman. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow guy is awesome! Love those trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little snowman, and what amazing blanket stitches you make!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete