Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mad As A Hatter!!!

But I'll Tell You A Secret~All The Best People Are!

It only seems fitting that my 100th post is about a finish!  Not my 100th finish, but nonetheless, a finish, and that's something to cheer about...and this is a pretty cheery quilt!  Here it lies rumpled in the long grass between the fruit trees in our mini orchard!
Mad Hats pattern by The Quilted Fish

I have no idea where this, "just for the fun of it" quilt is going to fit into my life.  But it does make me smile.  Its about as polar opposite to my usual color and style selection as one can get, but here I am grinning from ear to ear!

I saw this quilt at one of the vendor booths at the 2011 Quilting In The Garden Show.  I passed on purchasing the kit, but took a picture of it.  When I got home and shared my quilt show photos with my Quilty Buddy she immediately fell in love and said "Oh!  We have to do that!"  I ordered the pattern, she started tracking down the prints at our LQS and we were off and running.  A movie marathon day while cutting fabric together on her huge kitchen island!  We found two great bright whites that we used for the background.  One with perfect nested circles, kind of like little targets and the other a squiggly irregular stripe, which I chose to cut sometimes horizontally, sometimes vertically, depending upon the blocks location.  This meant that each Mad Hat had to know where it was going to live before any sewing took place!

Our quilter, Tracy, beat me to the punch and ordered the cute teapot and cup pantograph, before I had a chance to order it for her and we decided we really wanted to see its cuteness too so we gambled and decided to quilt it in red.  I'll be crossing my fingers and toes and adding vinegar and color catchers to the wash the first time I launder it for sure!
I chose to make self covered buttons for the centers of each of the 9 raggedy little flowers. 

A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!  And You!

~Nancie Anne




7 comments:

  1. Nancy it's just wonderful. I love it and think I'll have to track down the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so cute and the quilting pantograph is fabulous! I can't help but smile when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100th post! That is quite the accomplishment and what a cute quilt to help you celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It really makes me smile too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 100th Post ! Whoo Hoo !!!

    Your quilt is adorable and makes me Smile :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mad Hatter quilt is adorable...so fresh, cute, and exciting. Good for you to take it to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete