Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wild & Crazy...Baby!

My quilty buddy and I made one of our Thelma & Louise trips to Baker City last Friday and between us dropped off 5 quilt tops for the quilters.  One of those quilt tops is already in the mail and on it's way back to me since the quilter was instructed by our Shop Owner friend to put a "Hot Rush" on it!  Yay!  I'll be binding it this weekend  with a cute jungle theme stripe and can't wait to see the cute jungle animal quilting that we chose for it!


The design is The Charming Path from the Simply Charming Collection book by Moose On The Porch Quilts.  I made just a quick 6 of the 18" blocks for the perfect crib quilt size.  Fastest little quilt in the Jungle!

This "way out there, busier than busy" crib quilt is for the first Grandson for one of our co-workers who is a very excited Gramma-to-Be.  The little man has not yet made an appearance...although keeping him cooking has been a challenge.  It's doubtful that he will wait til his April due date and the fact that their Baby Shower is just a little more than a week away now, is probably a good thing!

The nursery theme is Monkeys and Jungle and these jungle prints have been sitting in my stash for maybe 3 years now?  One of those impulse purchases just cuz those pudgy little zebras are so darn cute...not to mention the lion cub sucking on his pacifier.  I decided that the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) Theory was best for this quilt since it is sooo extremely busy, so I decided that rather than attempting to "Dumb it Down" with a border, that just binding it would work best.  I didn't want to attempt to select a border for it & wind up making it look like I tried too hard and failed. 

We selected a snuggly Giraffe print Minkie for the backing that was hard to keep from petting while it was sitting on my counter waiting for our work week to be over so we could get on to bigger and better things!

In The Jungle, The Mighty Jungle, The Lion Cub Naps Tonight!

Nancie Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment