Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Birthday America!!!

I'm not always successful, but I'd really love to finish a Patriotic Project every year. 
Memorial Day weekend found me making pillow tops that have sat on the back burner since, with all those baby quilts and birthday presents to complete.
So, they're in the same state they were in when I wrote about them, 2 well spaced posts ago,
but we are enjoying them while they're still in their awkward flimsy stage!
 
Here are some finishes from years past...
some more Patriotic than others. 
Others more flexible in their interpretation!
 
Liberty Road in Charlevoix prints by Minick & Simpson
 
Homecoming from the book Primitive Gatherings by Terry Burkhart and Rozan Meacham.
 
Star Spangled Stripes from Stitch n' Snip Quilt Shop in Garden Valley, Idaho is currently on sabbatical. (At the quilters!)
 
Housewarming from The Quilt House in Gardnerville, NV was their featured quilt in Best of Quilt Sampler in 2007. 
As far as I know, the shop still carries the pattern and the original quilt is still hanging proudly above their cutting counters.
 
Here is the view of the fireworks outside as I look past my left shoulder and out the window of my sewing room!
Every day since late last week I've enjoyed the evolution of this annual display and we agree, our Golden Rain Tree has outdone herself this year!
OOOH!  AHHH!
 
 
And now for a little levity...'cuz we all really need a good laugh these days!
 
Long wave our "Ethel Merman's"!!!
May we embrace them, and while we do, may we all be singing
"God Bless America" in our loudest voices!
 
~Nancie Anne
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I usually make something patriotic each year too but did not this year. I enjoyed seeing your quilts.

    ReplyDelete